Saturday, October 2, 2010


It was 5 in the morning. My coughing had kept me up all night and I couldn’t sleep any further. With the irritation in my throat I got up and splashed water on my face. Like the involuntary heart beats I opened the door and stepped out of my room with no idea why.
The darkness of the night had faded and the turquoise sky kept me staring at it as if I was following an eagle overhead. The coughing hindered the staring and I looked down towards the park. The old rusted swings on the right were waiting for their first young occupants. The benches were having a sweet dew shower. The leaves of the neem tree were singing in the cool morning breeze.
Getting tired of standing in one place, I started walking towards the gate of the colony to see the world on the other side of the fence. Walking a few meters I reached the market place and was amazed to see the quietness. Images of the place started flashing by in my mind as a movie with shooting done at different points of time. The morning, afternoon, evening and night had a beautiful mix of colours from bright sunshine to tail lights of cars and burning charcoal.
It had gotten brighter in the morning and people had started their daily morning walks and jogs signalling me to return to my room.

No comments: